Grayford Holton is the owner of Choosy Travellers.
1. Why did you decide to start your business?
The Travel websites have essentially passed their resell date.
A new approach with flair and common sense is ready to fill the gap.
2. What impact has running a business had on you and the community in which you operate?
The original focus homed in on what “The Traveller (Business or Leisure)” saw as being needed and being entitled to.
Simply making a facility searchable for a Traveller
• e.g The Koi Pond should be fenced for my children’s safety
• A Backup Generator to cope with load shedding to ensure Conference is not interrupted
So now Travellers get what they want and Establishments can relook at their facilities on offer.
3. Would you say that your business is a success?
It’s a world 1st in being able to search on a facility and early indications are people saying WOW.
4. What do you think are the top 5 most important qualities every entrepreneur should have?
I. Belief in their idea and produce a visible solution to be tested in the market
II. Will the business educate the customers
III. Is their sufficient Enlightenment in the new product for its intended market
IV. Does it keep the intended audience Entertained
V. Will it Empower the intended market to improve their own business
5. Who is your role model?
6. Do you think it is important for entrepreneurs to have a mentor?
If not a Mentor then certainly a trusted and experienced business person to share ideas, concerns and excitement.
7. What advice do you have for aspiring entrepreneurs out there?
Give it your best shot and be prepared to fail a few times.