David-John Bailey is the founder of Love The Doers.
1. Why did you decide to start your business?
The reason I started my own business is because there aren’t very many job opportunities where I am and because I believe that with my specific skillset and drive, I can make life a little easier for those around me.
2. What impact has running a business had on you and the community in which you operate?
Despite the high levels of stress, constant running from meeting to expo to pitching sessions, sleepless nights and lack of a social life; running my own business has shown me that I have the inner strength to accomplish anything and everything I set my mind to and although I haven’t made as much of an impact in my community as I would have liked, I will. All great things take time and talent.
3. Would you say that your business is a success?
As long as the goals I have set for myself and my business are being met, then yes, my business is most definitely a success.
4. What do you think are the top 5 most important qualities every entrepreneur should have?
Vision, Patience, Humility, Passion and Determination.
5. Who is your role model?
My Dad first and foremost and I respect the Greats i.e. Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Bill Gates, etc.
6. Do you think it is important for entrepreneurs to have a mentor?
It’s always helpful to have a Guide to show you the way, but it’s REALLY hard to find a Mentor perfectly suited to you and it can get quite frustrating at times. Therefore, if you can discipline yourself and be single minded in your focus, let Life be your Mentor.
7. What advice do you have for aspiring entrepreneurs out there?
Are you willing to sacrifice 4-5 years of your life to build something that will withstand the test of Time? If no, don’t do it. However, if you answered yes, then you have entered the world of those brave few whose names will go down in the annals of history, as the ones who pushed the Human Race forward.